First time users: get started with Canvas, your online class resource!
Logging into Basecamp with your CMC network user name and password is the way CMC faculty and students access Canvas. These are the same credentials that students use to access WebAdvisor, and that faculty/staff use to check their CMC email. Once you’ve logged into Basecamp, look for the “My CMC Apps” tab and the link to Canvas at lower right.
Your Canvas account is automatically activated and available when you enroll in a course or teach for CMC; instructors automatically receive a Canvas course for each course they are teaching. Students are automatically added to Canvas courses when they register. If you need help with Basecamp or Canvas, please contact the IT Department’s Service Desk.
Use these links to obtain important information on using Canvas:
- Did you know Canvas is frequently updated? Learn about the latest changes to Canvas.
- Visit status.instructure.com to find breaking news on Canvas, including outages and technical issues bulletins. You can also follow @canvassupport on Twitter for news.
- Canvas Guides for instructors and for students – Consult the Canvas Guide first for all the answers to “how do I…?” type questions. Find detailed instructions, tutorials, videos, and more covering how to do just about everything in Canvas.
- Students – Answers to common student questions that are specific to CMC.
- Canvas instructors – For more detailed information about Canvas and common questions, please consult the Office of Innovations knowledge base at innovations.coloradomtn.edu. This knowledge base also provides information with other technologies in use at CMC, such as Cisco’s WebEx web conferencing, Turnitin, and more.
- Office of Innovations website – Faculty and staff can use the online forms at the Office of Innovations to submit common Canvas requests. Online forms available here include the request for a sandbox course, the request to add or remove someone from your Canvas course, the request that your multiple Canvas courses be consolidated or “cross-listed”, and more.
- Canvas Canvas Community – Participate in the Canvas Community, to raise questions, give feedback on Canvas, vote on feature requests, learn about Canvas, and more.