Mission, Vision, Values, and Guiding Principles
Vision: our desired future
We aspire to be the most inclusive and innovative student-centered college in the nation, elevating the economic, social, cultural, and environmental vitality of our beautiful Rocky Mountain communities.
Mission: why we exist, what we do, and what we offer
CMC offers a dynamic and innovative teaching and learning experience serving a diverse population in a student-centered, inclusive, and personalized learning environment. Through a comprehensive array of programs and courses of study, CMC provides high-quality education that is affordable and accessible, helping all students meet their individual educational goals. CMC measures its success through student success.
The specific aims of CMC are to:
- Deliver undergraduate instruction for associate and bachelor’s degrees and certificates;
- Offer college preparatory instruction and academic skill development;
- Prepare students for careers requiring professional and technical training, and assist business and industry in meeting their workforce development needs;
- Provide support services tailored to the needs of each student;
- Make life-long learning opportunities available to all; and
- Contribute to the economic, social, and cultural vitality and sustainability of the communities that CMC serves.
Values reflect what is considered right and wrong and what ought to be; these statements form the basis for ethical action.
We believe higher education and lifelong learning provide a vital and necessary foundation for an egalitarian society.
We treat all people with civility, dignity, and respect.
We encourage open and honest communication and honor all ideas and opinions.
We embrace diversity in its many forms and work actively to create an inclusive college community.
We act with integrity to build trust in our personal and professional relationships.
The CMC code of ethics provides guidance on putting these values to work in day-to- day interactions.
Guiding Principles inform decision-making and the allocation of resources within the institution.
We collaborate with one another and with external partners.
We apply the principles of sustainability to foster social equity, economic vitality, and environmental health.
We strive for excellence and innovation in all we do.
We create a positive working environment and a stimulating and enjoyable teaching and learning experience.
We hold ourselves responsible and accountable for our actions.
We maintain the public trust through responsible stewardship and fiscal transparency. We meet challenges with thoughtful deliberation and purposeful action.