College prep for high school students who live in the Colorado Rocky Mountains
Upward Bound is a federally-funded TRIO program from the US Dept of Education. Area high school students get exceptional support as they prepare to attend the college or university of their choice.
Upward Bound is funded to serve 63 students in the Eagle County and Lake County area. Participants enter during their 9th or 10th grade year and learn how to achieve academic excellence and how to be involved in their community, as they prepare for post-secondary education.
Upward Bound participants are expected to:
- Maintain a “C” or better in high school;
- Attend all Upward Bound meetings at their high school;
- Participate in the experiential Saturday event each month; and,
- Attend the intensive 6-week summer academic program where they will live in the resident hall at CMC in Leadville.
Upward Bound participants will receive:
- Specialized Course Instruction
- Career Counseling
- College Exploration
- ACT Test Preparation
- College Financial Aid Counseling
- Up to $40.00 a month for full participation
Please contact your local CMC-Upward Bound office for more information:
150 Miller Ranch Road
Edwards, CO 81632