Financial Resources for Study Abroad
Federal and state financial aid and CMC grants and scholarships can be used on all approved study abroad programs
Most types of financial aid a student receives can be applied to a study abroad experience. Colorado Mountain College offers several programs to help you pay for your college education. Additionally, Colorado Mountain College offers a Study Abroad Scholarship. Qualified students can receive up to $1,000 to be used toward study abroad. Download the General Scholarship Application 2014.
For a complete listing of CMC financial aid resources go to our Financial Aid pages.
- Apply to Study Abroad early and consider signing up for a payment plan. See this link; look under paying for college at: Payment Plan
- If you are a Colorado Resident, you may want to try College Invest at: www.collegeinvest.org
Additional information about grants and scholarships for foreign study/travel can be accessed at the following websites:
- The Financial Aid Information Page (www.finaid.org) – a free comprehensive, independent and objective guide to financial aid
- American Institute for Foreign Study (www.aifs.com) – the purpose of AIFS International Scholarship is to promote international understanding through study abroad. The awards celebrate the founding nearly 35 years ago of the American Institute for Foreign Study, and must be used on applicable AIFS programs.
- Some students may be eligible for a Gillman Scholarship.
- Apply for the Adell & Hancock Fund from the Institute of International Education. Deadline is March 19, 2014 to submit your application to CMC. Please contact Lauren DeAre for more information.