Spanish Immersion Program in Valencia, Spain
Dates: June 17– July 19, 2014
This program is full for 2014, thanks for your interest…
Please contact Lauren DeAre at email@example.com or 970-319-5817 for more information.
- June 17 – June 20, 2014 We will meet in Madrid for a group orientation. This includes four nights accommodations and two meals per day, visits to the Royal Palace, the Prado and Reina Sofia Art Museums, a flamenco show, El Retiro park and transportation.
- June 21, 2014 Travel as a group by train or bus (TBD) from Madrid to Valencia. Your host family will meet us at the train station and you will begin your home stay.
- June 22, 2014 Group orientation in Valencia
- June 23, 2014 Begin Spanish classes at the don Quijote campus in Valencia. You will take a short assessment and be placed in a class according to your level of Spanish. You’ll have four hours of Spanish instruction each day.
- June 23 – July 18, 2014 Four weeks of a home stay, Spanish immersion study and cultural excursions in the Mediterranean city of Valencia. Our group will have two weekend excursions and optional afternoon cultural classes and visits.
- July 19, 2014 Program ends, students return to Madrid to meet their flights or travel independently.
Credits: You can earn between 3 and 5 credits in Spanish. The course you enroll in depends on your current level of Spanish. Options include Spanish 111, Spanish 112 (5 credits), Spanish 211, 212, 235, 101, 102, 201, 202 (3 credits)
Cost is $2850 and includes:
- Optional four day orientation in Madrid with visits to the Royal Palace, the Prado and Reina Sofia museums, the El Retiro park, a flamenco show, introduction to Spanish cuisine and more!
- Home stay and half board (breakfast and lunch) with a Spanish host family for four weeks in Valencia
- Spanish language and culture classes at don Quijote language school in Valencia
- Transportation from Madrid to Valencia on June 21, 2014
- Weekend trips to the beach and neighboring cities
The price does not include your round-trip airfare to Madrid or your CMC tuition.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about this incredible program, please contact the Faculty Director, Lauren DeAre: