Financial Aid Checklist
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon after January 1 as possible, signing application with PIN (personal identification number). If dependent student, parent must sign with PIN as well. Note: Priority deadline at CMC is March 31. See How to Apply.
Read the CMC (pdf).
Check with CMC to determine whether there are any other forms you should complete.
Respond promptly to CMC’s request for further information and documentation if selected for verification. See What should I expect after applying?
Award Notification Process
- Review all information provided on the Award Notification (including name, address, residency, and enrollment status). See What should I expect after applying?
- Indicate on Web Advisor each award you are accepting or rejecting for each semester.
- If accepting loans (Direct or PLUS), follow the instructions when accepting your awards on Web Advisor and follow the instructions by going to www.studentloans.gov to complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling (for student loans). To accept a lesser amount for loans, indicate on Web Advisor that you are accepting the loan, but when you actually apply for the loan(s), you can indicate the exact amount you are accepting and contact your financial aid specialist. See Loans.
- Read the to make sure you understand the Financial Aid policies at CMC.
- Complete any other forms as requested (i.e., Parent Borrower Form) and send to your campus’ Financial Aid Specialist.
Every student is required to re-apply for financial aid for each academic year by completing the FAFSA.
If you have any questions regarding your Financial Aid Package, eligibility requirements or process, do not hesitate to contact the Office of Financial Aid at your campus.
Don’t forget to apply for scholarships. CMC Foundation scholarship applications are due by March 1 for the next academic year. Contact your Financial Aid Specialist with information regarding any scholarships you will receive.