Filling Out the FAFSA Application
To be considered for any federal financial aid you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Complete FAFSA on the Web (www.fafsa.ed.gov) as soon after January 1 as possible. The priority date at CMC for applying for financial assistance is March 31 for the following academic year (fall through summer semesters).
Complete your Colorado Mountain College admissions application.
- Apply online for your Personal Identification Number (PIN) at www.pin.ed.gov (if you are a dependent student, one parent will also need a PIN as well).
- Complete your FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov. You can print a worksheet from the website to help you compile your information. You will need the following to help you complete your FAFSA:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your driver’s license
- W-2 forms or other records of money earned
- Your federal income tax return (if you haven’t yet filed your taxes, you may estimate amounts, but you must correct any discrepancies once you have definitive numbers from your tax return).
- Your parents’ federal income tax return and W-2 forms (if dependent student)
- Current bank statements
- Current information about any business or investment mortgages, and farm business, stock, bond, and other investment records
- Your alien registration number or permanent resident card if you are not a US citizen
- Check with CMC to determine whether there are any other forms you should complete.
• Don’t forget to include CMC’s school code – 004506
• Don’t forget to sign your FAFSA with your PIN
Financial Aid awards are made for one year or less. All recipients must re-apply for assistance each academic year.