New Student Registration (NSR) Frequently Asked Questions
When is New Student Registration (NSR) and Orientation?
Please sign up for one.
- NSR I – June 27-28, RSVP by June 20. Begins Monday, June 27, in the afternoon and ends Tuesday, June 28 at 5:00pm. On-campus lodging is available.
- NSR II – July 7-8, RSVP by July 1. Begins Thursday, July 7, in the afternoon and ends Friday, July 8 at 5:00pm. On-campus lodging is available.
- NSR III – August 4-5, RSVP by July 28. Begins Thursday, August 20, in the afternoon and ends Friday, August 4, at 5:00 pm. On-campus housing is available.
- NSR IV – August 25-26, sign up by August 15. Begins Thursday, August 25, in the afternoon and ends Friday, August 26, at 5:00 pm.
Students attending NSR I, NSR II, or NSR III will be able to move into the residence hall Friday, August 26.
Students attending NSR IV will be able to move into the residence hall Thursday, August 25.
Orientation for all Students will be started on Friday, August 26 in the afternoon and will end on Sunday evening.
How do I sign up for New Student Registration (NSR)?
Choose Spring Valley, and provide all information needed and payment.
Do I have to attend New Student Registration (NSR)?
Yes. All incoming students are required to attend one of the three Registration sessions followed by Orientation the weekend before classes. The material covered will be essential to your transition into Colorado Mountain College (i.e. placement tests, information on campus resources, advising, and fine tuning fall class schedules, etc.). This also applies to transfer students.
- What is the fee for?
- The fee charged ($175) for Orientation includes your food and housing during Registration and covers the sessions and services utilized. (The $145 is minus lodging if you choose to stay at a local hotel.)
The fee also covers all Welcome Weekend events and activities that take place during the weekend before the fall semester begins (August 25 – August 28, 2016).
- How do I pay for New Student Registration?
- Provide Credit Card information when you register online to attend the NSR session.
- When will I receive my New Student Registration confirmation?
- After you register & pay for NSR online and your registration is processed, you will be sent a New Student Registration confirmation email.
- When can I register for fall classes?
- During NSR and after you have met with your advisor you will then be able to register for your classes. For those students who attend NSR I, NSR II, or NSR III will payment for your classes, housing, and fees will be due around the second week August check with the campus on exact date. If you attend the NSR IV, you must pay for everything at the time you register for classes on Friday, August 26, 2016.
Can my family come too?
New Student Registration is open to all family members. During the first two NSR sessions, family members are welcome to stay on campus. The fees are $75 for the first guest and $40 for each additional guest (includes meals and housing.) If your guests stay at a hotel then it is $40 for the first guest and $30 for each additional guest (includes meals.) If you are bringing only one guest, she/he will have their own room while students are assigned to other students randomly as roommates during their stay.
How do I get to Glenwood Springs?
Air: You can fly into Denver (DEN), Aspen (ASP) or Eagle-Vail (EGE) and rent a car or take a shuttle. Shuttle: (Colorado Mountain Express-CME) is a shuttle service that runs from Denver west to Glenwood Springs and it picks up in Eagle-Vail, and Aspen airports. You can also fly into Grand Junction (GJT) but you would need to rent a car as there is no shuttle option from there. If further directions are needed please contact me: Vicky Valentine at Vvalentine@coloradomtn.edu.
What should I bring to New Student Registration?
- Bring any SAT or ACT scores, copy of college transcripts or AP scores earned after you were admitted to CMC, personal scholarship information, and financial aid awards, and admissions correspondence if you have any questions.
- If staying at the Residence Hall, we do provide bedding & towels, unless you want to bring your own.
Will I be able to choose my roommate for New Student Registration?
No, assignments are randomly made during NSR check-in. The roommate you are assigned during NSR will not be your roommate for the school year, unless you both submit a written request. Fall roommate assignments for the school year will be mailed the first week in August.
Can my guests stay on campus with me during New Student Registration?
Guests are welcome to stay on campus during NSR I, NSR II, and NSR III however guests are not able to stay on campus during NSR IV; they will be required to stay at a hotel. During NSR I, NSR II, or NSR III guests will be placed in their own rooms while students will be placed with other students so they get to know their incoming classmates.
What if I can’t attend any New Student Registration Session due to extenuating circumstances?
This is a very rare occurrence. We try to space the NSR sessions throughout the summer to accommodate everyone’s schedule. We even have an NSR session scheduled right before classes start. If you feel you cannot attend any of the sessions, please contact: