Student Payment Plans
Pay your tuition and fees in monthly installments
Get started with easy access for students and their authorized users (including parents and guardians).
- Log on to Basecamp
- Click on “Make a Payment” under the Student Self Service tab and student will be directed to the Student Payment Center. Select the Payment Plans tab.
- A Student must first grant permission to Authorized User(s) in their Student Payment Center.
- Once created, authorized users will receive an email prompting their logon setup.
- Authorized Users can access the Student Payment Center. Select the Payment Plans tab.
Payment of tuition, fees and charges may be extended over the course of a semester through the online enrollment in optional payment plans. Re-enrollment is required each semester if the student chooses to participate.
A student may authorize other users (such as parents, guardians, grandparents, spouses or any other individual) to pay charges on the student’s behalf. Due to federal privacy laws, authorized users will not automatically receive a bill. Granting payment plan access by authorizing a payer is separate from FERPA Consent.
Third party sponsors may not be an authorized user under the student’s payment plan. A third party sponsor is an entity who pays the educational expenses on behalf of a non-related student when billed for the student’s eligible charges by Colorado Mountain College.
- Minimum semester balance necessary to participate is $50.00.
- Payments must be made via automatic deduction from a regular United States checking or savings account (ACH), or credit/debit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express).
- Study Abroad participants are not eligible to enroll in their semester of travel.
- The student account must not have a past due balance from previous semesters.
Payment Plan Owner
- The plan owner is the person currently enrolled in the payment plan. (Students can only be enrolled in one plan at any point in time.) If a student enrolls in a payment plan and then a second person enrolls in a payment plan on behalf of the student, that second person becomes the payment plan owner. Any valid payments made by the student through the student’s original payment plan will apply to the student’s account balance.
- Payment methods may be changed after enrollment. For example, if the plan’s established payment method was a checking account, but the student or authorized user wishes to make future scheduled payments with a credit card, the student or authorized user can edit the payment method in their Student Payment Center.
Costs to Participate
- A $25.00 per semester enrollment fee is required at the time of payment plan enrollment. Upon completion of the online payment plan sign up, the enrollment fee is charged immediately.
- Any returned ACH payment is assessed a $25.00 fee.
Dates and Deadlines
All Payment Arrangements, (including Make a Payment, Payments Plans, and eligible Financial Aid) need to be completed 12 days prior to the first day of the semester to avoid being dropped from classes.
EARLY ENROLLMENT PAYMENT PLANS
|Deadline/Date||Fall Semester*||Spring Semester||Summer Semester|
|Enrollment Deadline||July 31||Dec 31||April 30|
|Down Payment (Due at Enrollment)||20%||20%||20%|
|Late Enrollment Allowed||No||No||No|
|Installment 1 Payment Date||Aug 5||Jan5||May 5|
|Installment 2 Payment Date||Sep 5||Feb 5||Jun 5|
|Installment 3 Payment Date||Octr 5||Mar 5||Jul 5|
|Installment 4 Payment Date||Nov 5||Apr 5||Aug 5|
* For Fall Semesters, there will be an additional early option for enrollments prior to June 30 requiring a 0% down payment and five monthly payments beginning July 5.
STANDARD ENROLLMENT PAYMENT PLANS:
|Deadline/Date||Fall Semester||Spring Semester||Summer Semester|
|Enrollment Deadline||Aug 31||Jan 31||May 31|
|Down Payment (Due at Enrollment)||25%||25%||25%|
|Late Enrollment Allowed*||Thru Nov 4||Thru April 4||Thru Aug 4|
|Installment 1 Payment Date||Sep 5||Feb 5||Jun 5|
|Installment 2 Payment Date||Octr 5||Mar 5||Jul 5|
|Installment 3 Payment Date||Nov 5||Apr 5||Aug 5|
* For late enrollments after the Enrollment Deadline, the remaining balance after the down payment will be divided equally among the remaining installment payment dates.
Payment Plan Balances
- The “Eligible Charges and Credits” will be displayed during payment plan enrollment. The net of the following elements will create the “Balance” that will be used to create the plan:
- “Tuition” and “Fees and Charges” are totals of all current charges at the time of enrollment less any completed third party sponsor credits.
- “Financial Aid” includes all transmittable financial aid accepted by the student at the time of enrollment. Students who have been offered financial aid awards but have not yet accepted them will not see estimated financial aid in their Student Payment Center. Students can access their Self Service Financial Aid tab on Basecamp to change financial aid selections.
- “Payments” include any payments already received on the account.
- Increases and decreases to the student account balance through changes in enrollment, additional payments received on the student’s account, changes in financial aid, or for any other reason, can change the payment plan balance and the scheduled installment payments. The rebalancing of the payment plan to reflect the changes occurs daily through an automated process, or by a student or authorized user logging on to their payment plan to review the plan activity.
- If any changes occur to the student account (i.e.: added/dropped courses, additional payments posted to the student account, financial aid applied or reversed, etc.) within seven business days of the next installment payment to be drafted, that payment WILL NOT be affected. The responsible party must still be prepared to make that installment payment on the scheduled date. The remaining installment payments will be adjusted according to the new “Balance.”
- Students can be determined ineligible from payment plans due to unsuccessful scheduled payments.