New to Canvas and looking for a brief introductory overview? Then this webinar is for you! Join us for a 60-minute live online webinar via Blackboard Collaborate that will introduce CMC faculty to Canvas. We will cover:
- How to log into Canvas
- How to modify your profile and the notifications that Canvas will send you
- How to “publish” a course so students can access it
- How to “publish” what you build inside a course so that students can access your Discussions, Modules, Assignments, Quizzes, Pages
- How to set up your course’s welcome page
- How to adjust your course’s settings and navigation buttons
- How to work with modules
- How to add links, text, videos to Canvas… and more!
You can participate from the comfort of your home or office. This is not a hands-on course, so there is no need for you to access Canvas before or during this overview. Simply attend and see how easy it is to use the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) by Instructure to communicate your course material with your students.
This webinar will be held via a Collaborate web conference. The link to join the webinar will be sent via email to registered participants; you can also contact the webinar’s instructor for the link.
Visit this webpage ahead of time to check your browser and ensure sure it’s ready for use with Blackboard Collaborate webconferencing. If you are not familiar with Blackboard Collaborate, then we suggest that you watch this 7-minute Participant Orientation tutorial video.
WebAdvisor Registration Information
14/FA TRN901 CS08 (SYN: 85239)
Please register for this training via WebAdvisor.
Problems registering? Check out our Registration Video Tutorial or contact the IT Department’s Service Desk for help registering with WebAdvisor at 970-947-8438 or 866-642-0495.