Some of the best things in life are free! This session is an overview of the free Google Docs cloud-based office suite of online software applications which can be used on their own and inside Canvas too.
Check out this example of how a Google Doc works in Canvas and this example of how a Google Presentation can be embedded in Canvas.
We will address:
- Creating Google Docs Documents, Spreadsheets, and Presentations
- Sharing Google Docs with others and keeping them private
- Commenting on Google Docs
- Google Drive
- Using the Revision History feature in Google Docs
- Next steps and more ideas for using Google Docs and Google Drive
There are deadlines for each day’s work to keep the group moving forward together, but participants may work on the assignments at any time of day or night, from any computer (PC or Mac) with an Internet connection and either Firefox, Safari, Chrome, or Internet Explorer. Try Google Docs now and get your free account set up ahead of time at drive.google.com.
WebAdvisor Registration Information
14/SP TRN901 CS75 (SYN: 82349)
Please register for this training via WebAdvisor.
Questions about these courses? Please contact the instructor.