Events and Calendar for Breckenridge and Dillon
All CMC locations and offices are closed for observance of Memorial Day.
Rebecca Dickson, Chair, Sierra Club-Indian Peaks Group, Executive Board member, People and Pollinator Action Network
Bees have survived for millions of years, outlasting asteroids and ice ages. But now honeybees, butterflies, birds, and other pollinators are in trouble. Pesticides are a part of the problem, and pesticides are hard to avoid. Dr. Dickson will discuss pesticides, their history, and their effects along with the costs of industrial agriculture. She’ll also discuss activist efforts to reduce pesticide use and protect pollinators.
We can do something about this if we educate ourselves.
WHAT IT’S ABOUT
The Colorado Mountain College Summer Technology Institute is a week-long, technology-packed learning adventure. Institute students will learn about the technical, creative, and business aspects of technology. Students will work in the new CMC Computer Lab, accessing state of the art hardware and computer applications and work with experienced instructors who are professionals at the forefront of their fields. Students will learn web site development, digital photography, e-commerce shopping carts, Photoshop, video production and editing, and more. At the end of the week, teams of students will apply and present all of their new skills in the form of a a final team capstone project.
WHAT TO EXPECT
• An Extraordinary Learning Adventure
• Lots of Hands-on Projects Using State of the Art Computer Labs
• Fantastic Instructors: Small Student-to-Teacher Ratio – Total Enrollment 15 Students
• Technology Teamwork Adventures
• Colorado Mountain College Summer Technology Institute Swag
• Fun! The Best Week of Your Summer!
• Lunch and snacks provided
• Student applicants must be ages 11-14
• Student applicants must have a grade point average (GPA) 2.5
• One letter of recommendation
CMC is closed in observance of Independence Day
Summer semester classes end