Events and Calendar for Breckenridge and Dillon
Meet Rwandan genocide survivor and I am Able co-founder, Frederick Ndabaramiye. As a young boy, Frederick witnessed and lived through one of the worst genocides in history. Four years after, at the age of 15, he was attacked by Interahamwe rebels who severely beat him, cut off his arms and left him for dead. Amidst a long recovery, Frederick sets off on an inspiring path of courage, determination, forgiveness and hope. Today, Frederick is an artist, world speaker, co-director of Ubumwe Community Center, and the co-founder of I am Able.
I am Able is a handicap cycling team on a mission to spread the message, throughout the world, that disability is not an inability. We are ALL able. By sharing their stories, along with encouragement, support and training, the team hopes to inspire others and raise the awareness that we are all valued beings with a purpose.
Books and artwork will be on display and for sale ~ FREE admission ~ Donations benefit “I Am Able” Foundation
WHAT IT’S ABOUT
The Colorado Mountain College Summer Technology Institute is a week-long, technology-packed learning adventure. Institute students will learn about the technical, creative, and business aspects of technology. Students will work in the new CMC Computer Lab, accessing state of the art hardware and computer applications and work with experienced instructors who are professionals at the forefront of their fields. Students will learn web site development, digital photography, e-commerce shopping carts, Photoshop, video production and editing, and more. At the end of the week, teams of students will apply and present all of their new skills in the form of a a final team capstone project.
WHAT TO EXPECT
• An Extraordinary Learning Adventure
• Lots of Hands-on Projects Using State of the Art Computer Labs
• Fantastic Instructors: Small Student-to-Teacher Ratio – Total Enrollment 15 Students
• Technology Teamwork Adventures
• Colorado Mountain College Summer Technology Institute Swag
• Fun! The Best Week of Your Summer!
• Lunch and snacks provided
• Student applicants must be ages 11-14
• Student applicants must have a grade point average (GPA) 2.5
• One letter of recommendation
CMC is closed in observance of Independence Day
Summer semester classes end
Join Dr. Lisa D. Julian for this informative discussion.