Assistant Professor, Outdoor Education and Outdoor Studies Program Manager
B.A. Psychology, University of Vermont
Professional Residency in Environmental Education at Teton Science School
M.S. Science Education from Montana State University
Mountain, Canyon, Snow and Desert Orientation (OUT 111, 113, 114, 112)
PER 100 – Recreation: Practices and Principles
BIO 120 – Intro to Natural History
BIO 222 – General College Ecology
OUT 187/287 – Internship: Outdoor Leadership
Backcountry skiing, mountain biking, fishing, climbing, spending time with family
More on Cooper . . .
- Cooper came to CMC in 2008 after serving students at High Mountain Institute from 2003 – 2008 as a science, math, and wilderness ethics teacher and expedition leader.
- Cooper also taught science in Lenk, Switzerland (2001-2002) at Alpine Environmental Education Center for Hohliebi Educational Programs where he also served as the outdoor programmer.
- Member of the Leadville City Planning and Zoning Commission
- Currently running for a seat on the Leadville City Council
- Outdoor Pursuits student leader trainer
- NOLS Instructor since 2000
- Association of Outdoor Education & Recreation (AORE) Access Committee Member
- AORE 2010 National Conference Host Committee Member