Events at Colorado Mountain College in Steamboat Springs
Success Steps Workshop
Professional development series for the working entrepreneur.
“Human Resource Basics for Entrepreneurs”
Many entrepreneurs take a casual approach to good human resource practices placing themselves at legal and business risk. Hiring and administering a small group of employees usually falls under the owner and does not take a lot of work but must be done right. Learn about fundamental processes, HR resources and what laws are applicable to your company.
January 28th, 2015/6:00 to 7:30 pm
Colorado Mountain College, Entrepreneurship Ctr, Room 127
$15 fee. Register at 870-4491
Topics that will be covered during this program include:
- Hiring and termination best practices
- Orientation and training concepts
- Important policies to put on paper
- Performance evaluations, Why and how.
- Legal issues. What laws apply to your business
- Where to find resources and HR tools online
Who Should Plan on Attending?
If you handle human resource issues for your company on a part time basis and would like to learn more about how to handle these responsibilities better, check this program out
The program will be led by Randy Rudasics, Manager of the CMC Small Business Resource Center and SCORE volunteer. A former employment services company President and Manager at Hewlett Packard, Randy has good training and experience in HR issues to share with you.
The Success Steps Luncheon Series is held each month on topics of interest to local businesses and entrepreneurs in Yampa Valley. All seminars begin at 6:00 pm and will be held at Colorado Mountain College in collaboration with Yampa Valley SCORE and Steamboat Springs Economic Development Council..
During Winter Carnival weekend, the public is invited to Colorado Mountain College in Steamboat Springs to honor the seven individuals being inducted into the CMC Alumni Hall of Fame. The event is free of charge. RSVP required, please contact Crystal Schiller at 970-947-8561 or email@example.com.
The following honorees will be acknowledged at 5:30 p.m. on Feb. 7, at Colorado Mountain College’s Allbright Family Auditorium at the Steamboat Springs campus.
- Brian Allen – Colorado Alpine College alumnus (1969)
- Yesenia Arreola – Spring Valley alumna (2007)
- George Bagwell – retired faculty, honorary member
- David Delaplane – co-founder, honorary member
- Amy Jackson – Breckenridge alumna (1999)
- George Jardine – Spring Valley alumnus (1974)
- Janice Kauvar – Spring Valley alumna (1976).
After the ceremony, warm beverages and light refreshments will be served while attendees enjoy the prime viewing area from the Neas Family Student/Community Dining Center during Winter Carnival’s Night Extravaganza, which features fireworks and the famed Lighted Man on Howelson Hill.