Events at Colorado Mountain College in Steamboat Springs
How to Start a Business
Learn the key elements you need to know to start a small business.
- Is your idea feasible?
- Do you understand the target market?
- Does your product/service provide value to customers?
- Do you have projections that articulate potential sales and expenses?
- What will be required to secure a loan and where are lending options for entrepreneurs?
January 18, 6:00 to 8:15 pm
Colorado Mountain College, Academic Center
Yampa Valley Entrepreneurship Center
Conference Room 127
This seminar is free, no registration required. Questions? 870-4491
Hosted by the CMC Entrepreneurship Center with support from Routt County, the Chamber Resort Association and Yampa Valley SCORE.
Filing your business taxes can be stressful, frustrating and expensive. Join us for a seminar that will help you prepare well for your filing and help you understand typical issues that other small businesses deal with filing their returns. Topics covered include:
- Deadlines for filing including extensions
- Do it yourself versus using an accountant or tax preparation service
- What to bring to your tax prep person
- Changes for 2016 that affect small business
- Home office deductions and vehicle deductions
- Red flags for auditors
Leading this seminar is CPA Dan Bonner of accounting firm THPK. He has years of experience working with small businesses and is a previous small business owner himself.
Join us at the Neas Family Student/Community Dining Center for a Welcome Reception and Program followed by the Winter Carnival Night Extravaganza and Fireworks beginning at 7:00 pm.
Heavy appetizers and refreshments will be served.
A $10 Winter Carnival button is required for entry. Buttons will be available at check in, they are also available at several locations in town.
Space is limited and an RSVP required!
Limited parking is available in the Lower Bristol parking lot for guests attending the event. See Parking Map. Additional guest parking is available just down the hill at the Community Center, located at 1605 Lincoln Avenue. A shuttle bus will run from the Community Center to the campus beginning at 4:15 pm and continuing throughout the evening.
Photo by Couloir Images, Rory B. Clow Photography.