Welcome to the Yampa Valley Entrepreneurship Center
2015 Routt County Business Plan Competition
The City of Steamboat Springs, Colorado Mountain College and Alpine Bank are sponsoring a business plan competition for 2015. Enter to win cash prizes.
Selecting the Right Legal Structure for Your Business
Thursday, May 14 from 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Academic Center, Colorado Mountain College, Steamboat Springs – Room 213 (2nd floor)
Register at 970-870-4491
Topics that will be covered in this program include:
- Explain advantages and disadvantages of incorporation
- What if I have more than one owner of my business?
- Explain the risks of a partnership
- What types of administration is required after incorporating?
- What is an LLC? Why is this form of organization so popular?
- If I don’t do anything, what am I and what risks am I taking?
- Do I need an attorney to incorporate and what does it cost?
- Some basic tax consequences of incorporation for a very small business
Time will be provided for question and answer as well.
This program will be presented by Attorney Jim Moylan. A business focused attorney with decades of experience, Jim understands the impact of these key decisions on the future of your business. Jim resides in Steamboat Springs and is very active in our community.
- Please arrive on time
Learn . Start . Grow
Supporting entrepreneurship through education, counseling, incubation and support
to improve economic development in the community.
For more information regarding the programs listed below please contact
Randy Rudasics at 970-870-4491 or email@example.com
Associates Degrees and Certificates in Entrepreneurship
Seminars and workshops:
- How to Start a Business
- Business Plan Development
- Small Business Information Sessions (Success Steps)
- Next Steps Small Business Workshop
Extensive entrepreneurial library
Business simulation lab and business plan software
Mentoring and counseling with Yampa Valley SCORE counselors
- SCORE, highly experienced SBA volunteers
- Free, confidential and individualized
- Online resource tools through SCORE
Business Incubator tailored to office-based start-ups
Referrals to business support professionals
- Accountants and Bookkeepers
- Design and Web Development professionals
- Social Media and Marketing professionals
Information on regional lending options
- Small Business Administration loans
- USDA lending programs
Marketing and financial counseling
Human Resource program development counseling
Periodic business plan reviews
For information regarding economic development resources in Steamboat Springs and the surrounding area please check out the following: