Career & Technical
Welcome to Career & Technical Education (CTE) at Colorado Mountain College!
What is “Career & Technical Education” (CTE)?
Career and technical education (CTE) refers to degrees and certificates designed to prepare you for immediate employment opportunities upon graduation in a specific career. Training is hands-on and utilizes state-of-the-art equipment, software and facilities. In addition to having a majority of instructors who maintain occupations within their field of expertise, many of the career and technical education programs also feature internship or work experience components; these factors help to ensure your training focuses on real-world applications. Through collaboration with industry leaders, career and technical education will provide you with the right mix of skills, training and knowledge to make you highly competitive in the job market.
The CTE programs at Colorado Mountain College consist of our Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degrees, and Certificates of Occupational Proficiency (COP). Many of these degrees have pathways that provide a student the opportunity to also complete a four-year degree.
Please view the CMC Career Cluster Model.
Please view the CTE Accreditation Table of our Accrediting Agencies.
CTE Programs are approved by the following agencies:
- Colorado Department of Higher Education
- Colorado Community College System (CCCS)
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDHPE)
- Colorado State Board of Nursing
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
1931 North Meacham Road, Suite 100
Schaumburg, IL 60173-4360
Phone: 800-248-2862 Fax: 847-925-1329
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
1313 L St. NW, Suite 500
Washington, D.C. 20005
Phone: 202-232-8777, Toll-Free: 800-424-2460
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
Formerly NLNAC (National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission)
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 500
Atlanta, GA 30326
Phone: 404-975-5000 Fax: 404-975-5020
- Peace Officer Standards and Training Board (POST)
Ralph L. Carr Colorado Judicial Center
1300 Broadway, 9th Floor
Denver, CO 80203
Phone: 720-508-6721 Main: 720-508-6000
- Colorado Real Estate Commission under the Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA)
1560 Broadway, Suite 925
Denver, CO 80202
Phone: 303-894-2166 Fax: 303-894-2683
- Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP)
Lakeview Parkway, Suite 111-312
Rowlett, TX 75088
Phone: 214-703-8445 Fax: 214-703-8992
Renee Kuharski, PhD
Assistant Vice President Academic Affairs
Career & Technical Education