Office of Innovations in Teaching and Learning
Because continuous learning is so important for all of CMC, Office of Innovations for Teaching and Learning exists to provide resources and learning opportunities for 21st century faculty development.
Take a look at the opportunities available via face-to-face and online workshops in our current training schedule. Topics include the use of Canvas, Web 2.0 tools, best instructional practices for all types of class delivery, screencasts, and more.
The CMC Teaching and Learning blog follows new practices and tech tool practices in higher ed and features best practices by our own CMC faculty. Want to post to the blog? Let us know and we’ll assist you with posting!
Innovations Lending Library offers MP3 recorders, Flip video cameras, Livescribe and Iogear digital pens and other items that are available for 3 day check-out.
CMC hasmemberships that provide faculty with access to League for Innovation in the Community College, Films On Demand, and other subscription online materials and resources.
Please visit www.coloradomtn.edu/canvas for the Colorado Mountain College Canvas FAQs and more information that is specific to Colorado Mountain College.
Please visit our Canvas Course Archiving FAQ page here.
Please visit Instructure’s Canvas Guides for “how-to” type questions.
We receive a number of common requests regarding Canvas and tools that are used with Canvas courses. Please note: Canvas simply reflects the data from WebAdvisor and Datatel Colleague. Canvas is automatically updated several times daily. The Office of Innovations does not create regular semester classes and we cannot modify the details for such classes. E.g., if the official instructor for a regular semester class needs to be changed or there is a problem with a student’s registration, or if you are wondering about the status of a future semester class, please contact your local campus as we cannot fulfill that kind of request.
Please use our online forms below to submit the following requests:
- To request a “sandbox” or demo course in Canvas for your own use or collaboration with a group, please fill out this form.
- To request that two or more Canvas courses be “cross-listed” i.e., consolidate students who registered for different courses into one master Canvas course site, please submit this form.
- Colorado Mountain College faculty and staff can file a request with the Office of Innovations in Teaching and Learning for Canvas assistance in the case of an Incomplete grade. Since the automated Canvas archiving process will set all Colorado Mountain College Canvas courses to read-only mode 45 days after their end date, it is not possible to continue to use the same Canvas course for extended periods. For any students working on Incomplete grades that need to continue actively submitting work, taking quizzes, posting in discussions, etc. we will set up a copy of the Canvas course in question and enroll the teacher and the student(s) there. The copying process will not include students’ work and grade data, so please be sure to download and record any student work, grades, etc. from your course while it is still active. Please submit this form to request assistance with your Canvas course.
- Please submit this form to reactivate an archived Canvas course. We can reactivate an archived Canvas course temporarily for you if necessary. Faculty, please note that your instructional supervisor will need to approve this request. Also, in order to comply with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), we may need to contact you for more details before we fulfill your request.
- For special requests regarding Canvas course roster changes please submit this form. Please note: this form cannot be used to change who is officially teaching a class and it is also not for normal registration changes like students adding or dropping a class, nor is it for enrolling anyone who is not affiliated with CMC in a Canvas course. (For enrolling a non-CMC person in a Canvas course, please see the next online form.)
- If you would like to add someone to your course who is not affiliated with CMC, please submit this request. You will need to submit paperwork to the Office of Innovations. You can find the necessary paperwork that you’ll need to file with CMC to obtain Canvas access for a non-CMC guest in the My CMC portal here (log-in required). The form will also provide you with links to the necessary paperwork.
- Each semester we offer a self-paced Respondus software licensing course that’s the pre-requisite for CMC faculty/staff who wish to obtain a free licensed copy of the Respondus 4.0 and/or Respondus StudyMate Author software. This license is good for one year and expires on July 31 annually. If your Respondus software has expired and you would like the updated licensing information, please submit this form. CMC typically obtains the new licensing information in early to mid-August, so please plan accordingly.
- To request a VoiceThread.com account using CMC’s license, please submit this form.
Questions, Comments, Ideas?
Help us define the way we can serve you by sending your questions, faculty learning requests or innovative ideas to email@example.com. You are also welcome to directly contact:
Suzanne Thompson, M.A.
Manager, Office of Innovations in Teaching and Learning
Gabrielle E. Orsi, Ph.D.
Learning Management System Administrator / Faculty Trainer