Innovations in Teaching and Learning Professional Development Training Schedule
CMC instructors and staff are invited to attend any session, at any location. These trainings are not open to students or the public. Please register for these trainings via WebAdvisor. Questions about these courses? Please contact the Office of Innovations in Teaching and Learning.
Problems registering? Please contact the IT Department’s Service Desk for help registering with WebAdvisor at 970-947-8438 or 1-866-642-0495. Or you can ask for the Office of Innovations to register you – be sure to make a note of the 5 digit SYN number for the trainings you’re interested in.
Looking for more training and development opportunities? Check out the Training Recordings of past Webinars through the Office of Innovations Basecamp page (log in required).
- Canvas Administrator Training
- Canvas Assistant Tour: Self-Paced Training for Canvas Assistants
- Canvas Instructor Tour: Self-Paced Training for Canvas Instructors
- Copyright and the Classroom
- Diversity: Four Strategies to Engage the Multicultural Classroom
- Interactive Video System (IVS) Classroom Technology
- Lynda.com: Accessibility
- Respondus 4.0 Software Licensing Course
- Self-Paced Training: Accessibility & Canvas
- Self-Paced Training: WebEx Presenter
- Social Media in Higher Education: Legal Considerations
- WebEx for Canvas Courses
Current Professional Development Training Calendar
Make sure your Canvas page is ADA Accessible!
Join us for a 30 minute overview of how to make your Canvas course content accessible. This session will focus on content built on the Canvas page.
We’ll cover these best practices:
- Use tables for Data, not for Layout
- Use High Contrast text/background
- Create Consistent Headers
- Add Alt text / Captions to Images
- Give your Hyperlinks Descriptive and Unique names
- Plus: A quick overview of PDFs and captioning/transcripts
- And: Where to go for more information: Quality Matters rubric, additional Accessibility links, tutorials, tips
PRESENTERS: Suzanne Thompson, Misty Thompson–Office of Innovations in Teaching & Learning
To register RSVP email@example.com
- CMC Service Desk WebEx HOTLINE: 970-384-8790
- CMC Service Desk NON-URGENT970-947-8438
- Cisco WebEx 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK: 1-866-229-3239
You can join a WebEx session from a MOBILE DEVICE. Download the free app on your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Android device or Windows phone. MORE INFORMATION re. WebEX on a MOBILE DEVICE