Collaborate Version 12 (formerly Elluminate Live!)
Haven’t tried Collaborate, formerly known as Elluminate Live!, yet? It’s an amazing way to communicate real-time with your students online.
Think of the possibilities—online office hours, study sessions, class meetings…
You can chat (type), speak with audio to the class, use a webcam to transmit your video to the group, show a PowerPoint, webpage, video, draw together on a whiteboard…
You can also record the whole session with just a click, and paste the link to the recording in your online Canvas course for students who missed the session or for students who would like to review it.
We will discuss:
· Creating a session
· Session settings
· Optional components such as microphones, headsets, webcams, digital stylus/tablet
· Browser security settings and other issues when connecting to a session
· Hand raising
· Responding to a poll question
· Using emoticons to show laughter, confusion, applause, or disapproval
· Presenting a slideshow
· Adjusting your audio and video settings
· Desktop and application sharing, leading a webtour
· Transferring files
· Recording a session for students to view later
· Online tutorials and resources to teach participants how to use Collaborate
· Possible uses for teaching, conferences, office hours…
NOTE: Elluminate Live! is now called “Collaborate.”
This session will be held online. You will be emailed the information you’ll need to join the session after you register.