Jing Self-Paced Training: Spring 2014
What is Jing? Jing does 3 things that are really useful:
- It captures what you see on your computer as an image you can label with arrows, text, boxes, and highlighting.
- It records what is on your computer screen as a video you can easily post online or download and save. There is a 5 minute time limit on your Jing videos.
- Quick & easy sharing of your Jing images and videos: get a link to share a video or image. No more email attachments!
Jing is a free screen capture software made by TechSmith.com. Check out these 2 examples of Jing in action:
In this training we will cover how to:
- Download your free copy of Jing and get a free account at Screencast.com for sharing your Jing images and videos
- Create and label an image using Jing
- Create a screen capture video using Jing
- Use the “History” feature of Jing to see what videos and screen shots you have created
- Log into your account at Screencast.com to manage your uploaded files
This self-paced, asynchronous training is held via Canvas and is open throughout the semester. This course is self-paced and estimated completion time is 45 minutes to 1 hour. After you register for this semester’s Jing training via WebAdvisor, log into Canvas later that day or the next morning and you will see the Jing course listed. Simply enter the course and follow the directions.
14/SP TRN901 CS07 (SYN: 80594)
Please register for this training via WebAdvisor.
If you have any questions about this course, please contact the Office of Innovations at 970-947-8408 or email@example.com.
Please note: If you need to add special effects, like zooming, panning, subtitles, or closed captions, or if you need to create videos longer than 5 minutes, you may want to consider using Camtasia. Camtasia is approx. $179 for the educational price, but CMC has purchased a volume license. Contact CMC’s Office of Innovations in Teaching and Learning for more information. Both products are made by Techsmith. Learn more about both at Techsmith’s website.