Welcome to Canvas: Basics Online.
This session will take place completely online in the Canvas learning management system, at coloradomtn.instructure.com. It will take place over 4 business days: it begins on Wednesday morning and ends Monday evening. For those that would like to complete the course on Friday or over the weekend, Monday’s work will be available early.
There are deadlines for each day’s work to keep the group moving forward together, but participants may work on the assignments at any time of day or night, from any computer (PC or Mac) with an Internet connection and either Firefox, Safari, Chrome, or Internet Explorer. In Canvas: Basics Online we will cover:
- How to modify your profile and the Notifications Canvas sends you
- How to make your course “published” so that students can see it
- How to work with Draft State and make items in your course invisible or visible to students by “publishing” and “unpublishing” them
- How to work with Canvas’ Rich Text Editor to build content in your course, such as Pages, Announcements, Discussions, Assignments
- How to add text, videos, and links to the course
- How to work with modules to organize course materials
- Guidance to comply with Online Learning’s new standards for fully online courses
- Course copying tips for the future
- And more!
In addition to these tasks, the group will also be communicating via the course discussions. Participants will be engaging with Canvas as students and will carry out some of the assigned tasks in the Canvas course for this training. However, some of the tasks must be done outside of this training’s course, in a “sandbox” course where the participant has an instructor role. This “sandbox” course will be provided for course participants. This training concludes with a final quiz on Canvas topics. Questions about this training? Please contact the Office of Innovations.
WebAdvisor Registration Information
Please register for this training via WebAdvisor using the following information:
16/SP TRN901 CS27 (SYN: 97085)
Problems registering? Check out our registration video tutorial or contact the IT Department’s Service Desk for help registering with WebAdvisor at 970-947-8438 or 866-642-0495.