New to Canvas and looking for a brief introductory overview? Then this face-to-face workshop is for you! We will meet in Room 105 at the Glenwood Center in Glenwood Springs. This is a hands-on opportunity to learn Canvas for the first time, or to refresh your skills. This workshop is open to faculty and staff from all CMC locations, and will include an optional hour afterwards if you’d like hands-on help with any specific questions or topics. We will cover:
- How to log into Canvas
- How to modify your profile and the notifications that Canvas will send you
- How to “publish” a course so students can access it and what a published course looks like
- Course navigation and the home page
- Understanding modules and using them effectively
- How to work with the Canvas Rich Content Editor to add links, text, videos, and files to Canvas
We will be working in sample courses, with sample identities, so there is no need to have a current Canvas account, or to have access to an actual course.
WebAdvisor Registration Information
15/SP TRN901 CS83 (SYN: 90099)
Please register for this training via WebAdvisor.
Problems registering? Check out our Registration Video Tutorial or contact the IT Department’s Service Desk for help registering with WebAdvisor at 970-947-8438 or 866-642-0495.