Take your assessment to the next level with quizzes and rubrics! This course introduces participants to creating quizzes and using rubrics in Canvas. Prerequisite: experience using Canvas, or completion of Canvas: Basics Online or another Canvas training. This session will take place completely online in the Canvas learning management system, at coloradomtn.instructure.com. It will take place over 4 days: it begins on Monday morning and ends Thursday afternoon. There are deadlines for each day’s work to keep the group moving forward together, but participants may work on the assignments at any time of day or night, from any computer (PC or Mac) with an Internet connection and either Firefox, Safari, Chrome, or Internet Explorer. This course will include:
- explanation and exploration of the kinds of quizzes and surveys that Canvas offers
- learning to build Canvas quizzes and how to grade them
- the opportunity to take a quiz in Canvas to experience the student perspective
- working with and managing question banks in Canvas
- how to create a rubric in Canvas and apply it to a graded item
- opportunities for practice with rubrics
In addition to these tasks, the group will also be communicating via the course discussions. Some of the tasks must be done outside of this training’s main course, in a “sandbox” course where all the participants will have an instructor role. This “sandbox” course will be provided for course participants.
WebAdvisor Registration Information
Please register for this training via WebAdvisor using the following information:
14/SU TRN-901-CS16 (SYN: 84938)
Problems registering? Check out our Registration Video Tutorial or contact the IT Department’s Service Desk for help registering with WebAdvisor at 970-947-8438 or 866-642-0495.