Haven’t tried Blackboard Collaborate yet? This is CMC’s standard college-wide webconferencing tool. It’s an amazing way to communicate real-time with your students online, enabling you to hold online office hours, study sessions, class meetings, and more. You can chat (type), speak with audio to the class, use a webcam to transmit your video to the group, show a PowerPoint, webpage, video, draw together on a whiteboard. You can also record the whole session with just a click, and paste the link to the recording in your Canvas course for students who missed the session or for students who would like to review it. We will discuss:
- Creating a session
- Session settings
- Optional components such as microphones, headsets, webcams, digital stylus/tablet
- Browser security settings and other issues when connecting to a session
- Hand raising and using emoticons for feedback and engagement
- Polling; responding to a poll question
- Using the whiteboard inside your session
- Presenting a slideshow
- Adjusting your audio and video settings
- Desktop and application sharing, leading a webtour
- Recording a session for students to view later
- Online tutorials and resources to teach participants how to use Collaborate
NOTE: Elluminate Live! is now called “Collaborate”. CMC is exclusively using the newest version. This session will be held online. You will be emailed the information you’ll need to join the session after you register.
Before our session, you will need to watch this 7-minute Participant Orientation tutorial video. We also recommend that you visit this webpage with your preferred browser. It will check to make sure your browser is ready for Blackboard Collaborate.
This is a live online course, so you will need a computer with highspeed internet access. You will also need computer speakers (built-in or separate) or a headset to hear the instructor and group.
Microphone (or headset with microphone): If you have a microphone, you can speak to the group.
Webcam: If you have a webcam, you can transmit your video to the group.
14/SU TRN901 CS77 (SYN: 86210)
Please register for this training via WebAdvisor.