Nancy Sheffield was born in Virginia and grew up in the Shenandoah Valley. She now lives in Spring Valley with her husband, Jeff, a retired park ranger. They share their home with two dogs, a cat, and two birds. Her interests include hiking, biking, birding, reading, travel, knitting, and all things dog.
- Ed.M., Education – University of Illinois (2008)
- B.S., Animal Science – University of Maryland (1981)
- A.A.S., Veterinary Technology – Blue Ridge Community College (1979)
- Professor of Veterinary Technology – Colorado Mountain College (2002 to present)
- Certified Veterinary Technician – Eastside Animal Clinic, Naples FL (1998 – 2002)
- Hospital Administrator / Licensed Veterinary Technician – Animal Hospital of Waynesboro, Waynesboro VA (1982 – 1998)
- Colorado Veterinary Technician of the Year