Common Reader Program Art & Creative Writing Contest
Beyond Cultural Identity: Overcoming Obstacles & Making Connections
As part of this year’s Common Reader Program, CMC is sponsoring an Art and Creative Writing Contest. All entries will be inspired by Mishna Wolff’s novel “I’m Down” and her visit to CMC sites in October. Art and creative writing entries will focus on “Beyond Cultural Identity: Overcoming Obstacles and Making Connections.” All CMC students and community members are invited to participate.
Judging Criteria: clarity of concept; depth and levels of meaning; impact; composition.
There will be six winners, three in the Creative Writing category and three in the Art category. CMC employees are not eligible for cash prizes.
- First Prize in each category: $250 cash
- Second Prize in each category: $150 cash
- Third Prize in each category: $100 cash
All winning entries will be published on the Common Reader web page. All entries will be submitted for possible publication in the 2013 issue of “Rocky Mountain Reflections”, CMC’s Arts and Literary Journal.
Submission Deadline: November 29, 2013.
Email submissions to Yuliya Lef at firstname.lastname@example.org. Limit your submissions to one piece. In the cover e-mail, please include the following information:
- Specify that your entry is for the “Beyond Cultural Identity: Overcoming Obstacles and Making Connections” contest
- Title of the work
- Name under which you’d like to be published in the journal
- Email address
- Phone number
- Mailing address
- Campus affiliation (Glenwood Springs, Steamboat Springs, Aspen, Rifle, etc.)
- Campus status (student, staff, faculty, or community member).
Written works must not exceed 1,500 words
file naming: “firstname_lastname_title.doc”
JPEG file; resolution: 300 ppi
image size: minimum 8 inches on its longest side
file naming: “firstname_lastname_title.jpg