CULINARY CONFIDENCE Hands-on learning and internships at the CMC Culinary Institute prepare you for a real-world career.
Culinary Education at CMC Culinary Institute
Launch a culinary career, update your skills — including sustainable cuisine — or feed your personal passion for the kitchen
The Colorado Mountain College Culinary Institute has a unique set of programs to meet your needs and desires. Earn a resume-building degree, get on-the-job apprenticeship training or pickup skills and recipes for your home kitchen. We can get you cooking!
Prepare for a career in culinary arts as an apprentice in four-diamond restaurants. Employers want real-world culinary experience, not just a piece of paper on the wall.
You can get valuable, world-class, hands-on training at a fraction of the cost at the Colorado Mountain College Culinary Institute. Combine this European-style culinary apprenticeship with a degree for a résumé that will impress. Degree options include:
- Associate of Applied Science in Culinary Art
- Certificate of Garde Manger
- Apprentice Cook Certificate
- American Culinary Federation Certified Sous Chef Certificate
Green cooking, farm-to-table, sustainability — all are in demand. Sustainable Cuisine Chefs and Entrepreneurs are leading the way toward healthy communities and culinary careers that don’t stop at the kitchen door.
Colorado Mountain College’s program is one of the most affordable of its kind and located in Vail Valley which is working toward being recognized as the first Sustainable Destination Resort in the nation!
- AAS Degree in Sustainable Cuisine
- Sustainable Cuisine Operations I, focuses on cooking skills
- Sustainable Cuisine Operations II, designed for active culinary professionals seeking knowledge of sustainability
- Sustainable Food Systems, emphasizing growing foods
Non-Credit, Lifelong Learning Classes
Expand your personal cooking skills with hands-on, just-for-fun cooking classes.
Start dates and admission standards differ for each campus and program. You may only apply to one program at a time. Tours are available and may be arranged individually at each campus.