Learning Outcomes for Culinary Arts – Vail Valley
The Culinary Arts – Vail Valley curriculum provides students with the skills and knowledge for a successful career in the culinary arts. The program combines classroom education with hands-on experience in culinary arts and basic foodservice management skills.
In addition to culinary and management skills, the program provides an understanding of the principles and ethics of sustainability as they relate to our food system. The goal of the program is to prepare each graduate to enter the workforce ready to succeed in this growing field.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills required to produce delicious, wholesome food.
- Develop knowledge of classic and contemporary cooking and baking techniques representing a variety of cooking styles.
- Develop an understanding of professional practices, communications, organizations and career opportunities in culinary arts.
- Demonstrate professionalism and teamwork in producing a wide variety of classical and contemporary dishes.
- Identify cost-effective techniques for enhancing the sustainability of foodservice operations through facility design, operational practices, menu development, procurement, production and waste management.
Colorado Mountain College Culinary Arts – Vail Valley is a State of Colorado approved Career & Technical Education program.