Learning Outcomes for New Media
Students enrolled in either the New Media AAS degree or in one of the Certificates of Occupational Proficiency (COP) will have an opportunity to engage in all aspects of the new digital media revolution.
- Be competitive in a rapidly evolving world where diverse forms of media increasingly converge to enable new modes of communication.
- Capitalize on existing and emerging employment opportunities in digital content creation and distribution within the rapidly-changing creative economy.
- Maximize their broad base of skills in creative (writing, editing, research, flexibility and adaptability, critical thinking), technical (video, audio, social media, digital distribution), communication (teamwork, collaboration, oral/written) and entrepreneurial skills (math, ethics, marketing, basic business operations).
- Hands-on projects in each course lead to a relevant and robust electronic portfolio.
- Internships and community based projects give students to work on real world skills outside the classroom with working professionals, creating well rounded students with work experience.
- Produce a final, professional-quality digital portfolio that demonstrates the skills needed in today’s digital media environment and increases chances of employment.
Colorado Mountain College New Media program is a State of Colorado approved Career & Technical Education program.