Why Choose a CMC E-Business & E-Commerce Certificate?
Learn how to promote and conduct business on the internet with practical, hands-on projects
If you have an interest in launching or managing an internet-based business, the CMC Certificate of Occupational Proficiency in E-Business and E-Commerce will give you the business insight and the practical technology skills that are essential for competing and succeeding in the rapidly expanding world of e-business.
This “hands-on” program is designed as an integrated set of practical courses that focuses on strategies and technologies which are especially useful for small businesses and entrepreneurs. You will use the latest web-based tools and applications to complete your coursework and ultimately launch your own fully functioning online business.
Current and future marketplaces offer significant business opportunities for entrepreneurs and managers who can combine strategic business thinking and technology skills. The CMC Certificate of Occupational Proficiency in E-Business and E-Commerce will give you the business knowledge and technology skills to:
- analyze and evaluate marketplaces for current and future eBusiness and eCommerce opportunities
- plan, launch, market and manage your own online business
- sell online, creating new national and international opportunities for your business
- maintain loyal and profitable customer relationships
- create and execute targeted multi-channel internet marketing campaigns
- use technology to efficiently and effectively operate your business from anywhere at any time
The success of modern business is increasingly determined by its technology skills. The 12-credit Certificate of Occupational Proficiency in E-Business & E-Commerce (EBC Certificate) combines business and technology topics to prepare you for the dynamic and pervasive world of e-business and e-commerce.
- Hands-on, learn-by-doing approach
- Plan, launch, market and manage your own online business
- Customize your program with self-directed elective courses
- Communicate and collaborate with peers, instructors, and partners
- Enroll in convenient CMC Virtual Campus courses
- Complete your program in 1 year
In each course, students will use real-world commercially available web-based tools and applications to complete course projects. Emphasis will be given to free and low-cost resources, which can be especially cost-effective for entrepreneurs and small businesses.
Launch Your Online Business
In the Capstone course, MAR 222 (Implementing E-Commerce), students will use e-commerce software from EBC Certificate Program partner Volusion.com, the same e-commerce software that powered the e-commerce campaign stores for John McCain and Barack Obama.