Get Started with Your Career in Paramedicine
The EMT-Paramedicine Program at CMC has a selective admissions process
The EMT-Paramedicine program has a selective admissions process. Information about this process will be sent to you when you request an application. If you already possess current EMT-Intermediate certification, you might qualify for our EMT-I to EMT-P program. Please call the EMS Department at 970-569-2924 for more information on this opportunity.Download the Paramedic Program Application (pdf) Download EMT-Paramedic Program Information Sheet (pdf)
You must demonstrate college-level proficiency in reading, writing and mathematics through either Asset Placement Tests or acceptable ACT or SAT scores. Inadequate skills in these areas may require you to enroll in developmental courses before enrolling in required courses. This may extend the time needed to earn your degree or certificate. For more details contact a Student Services counselor.
This program has certain physical and academic standards which you will be required to meet before you are admitted to the program. Students accepted into the college’s vocational programs must be physically, mentally, and emotionally self-supportive with reasonable accommodations. If there is a concern about meeting the physical and academic standard, students need to contact the Disability Services Coordinator who will determine the student’s ability to participate in this program.
Three letters of recommendation (may be mailed directly to the College, but please enclose a list of names, addresses, and phone numbers for those professionals providing recommendations).
What information needs to be provided in order to be considered for the program?
- Paramedic Application including essay, resume, and letters of recommendation
- Proof of being at least 18 years of age on or before the first day of class
- Signed background check notification form along with background check fee
- Immunization records including proof of MMR vaccinations (2 shots or titer), current flu shot, and proof of chickenpox immunization (or reliable history)
- Proof of negative TB test within the past year
- Proof of Hepatitis B vaccination or signed rejection
- Copy of current CPR for the Healthcare Provider certification
- Proof of college level reading, writing, and math (ACT or SAT scores, college transcripts, or Accuplacer testing at CMC)
- Proof of a passing grade in Anatomy & Physiology I & II
- Proof of current National Registry and Colorado state EMT-Basic Certification
- Proof of IV Therapy and Basic EKG Interpretation Certifications highly recommended
What other forms will my instructor be requiring me to complete?
- Signed Colorado Mountain College Waiver
- Signed Worker’s Compensation Form
- Signed Functional Position Description for Paramedic
For more information, contact our Admissions staff at:
Colorado Mountain College
802 Grand Ave.
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601