Careers and Jobs in Firefighting
Learn the skills that will help you save lives and property with the Fire Science Technology degree from Colorado Mountain College
Protection of life and property is the primary function of the firefighter. Competition for jobs is keen and with today’s sophisticated techniques and equipment, the modern firefighter must be well-educated in responding to the demands of the job.
Career and job opportunities exist within public and municipal fire services, in fire protection engineering, within state and federal agencies, and in education and private industry.
Colorado Mountain College Fire Science firefighting graduates can expect excellent employment opportunities and subsequent career advancement in the fire field. Previous graduates have built outstanding employment records.
- Basalt Fire Department
- Carbondale and Rural Fire Protection District
- Copper Mountain Fire Department
- Eagle River Fire Protection District
- Glenwood Springs Fire Department
- Gypsum Fire Protection District
- Lake Dillon Fire/Rescue
- Leadville Fire Department
- Rifle Fire Protection District
- Red, White & Blue Fire Department
- Steamboat Fire Department
- Vail Fire EMS