Learning Outcomes for Medical Billing & Coding
The Billing & Coding Program’s curriculum is designed to give students the diverse skills needed for success in today’s rapidly evolving field of health care. Students develop skills in the health care field in alignment with our Mission, Vision, and Values.
1. Demonstrate the ability to use the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and International Classification of Diseases (ICD-9-10 DM) manuals.
2. Identify conventions for the current ICD manual
3. Demonstrate knowledge of the Uniform Hospital Discharge Data Set (UHDDS)
4. Discuss the principles necessary to select an ICD 9-CM or CPT code
5. Differentiate between coding classifications
6. Discuss the principles necessary to select an ICD 10-CM or CPT code
7. Perform and demonstrate skills in medical account management and in health care coding and billing for reimbursement in the ambulatory care setting.
8. Become Eligible to take the National CPC (Certified Professional Coder) exam through AAPC (American Academy of Professional Coders)
Colorado Mountain College’s Medical Billing & Coding program is an accredited State of Colorado Career and Technical Education Program.