Learning Outcomes for Phlebotomy
The Phlebotomy Program’s curriculum is designed to give students the diverse skills needed for success in today’s rapidly evolving field of health care. Students develop skills in the health care field in alignment with our Mission, Vision, and Values.
1. Know the history of phlebotomy
2. Understand the importance of phlebotomy and the role of the phlebotomist
3. Be familiar with all sections of the laboratory, and other hospital departments
4. Have a knowledge of the ethical/legal aspects of the phlebotomist
5. Become eligible to take the National RPT (Registered Phlebotomy Technician) exam through AMT (American Medical Technologists)
Colorado Mountain College’s Phlebotomy program is an accredited State of Colorado Career and Technical Education program.