Study Outdoor Education in the Colorado Rockies
Strong liberal arts foundation prepares you for a successful future
Become a leader in the land that you love! A career in Outdoor Education is your chance to impact youth, the environment, and the future.
A unique, hands-on program, Colorado Mountain College gives you a competitive Associate of Arts degree with an emphasis in Outdoor Education, preparing you for a job or further study upon graduation.
It’s not all play. A serious career or higher education awaits you:
- Pursue a degree in education, business, environmental science or recreation law
- Counsel at-risk youth in outdoor therapy programs
- Become an advisor for Outward Bound or NOLS
- Manage a region of the Student Conservation Association
- Teach via Experiential Education at an environmental primary school
- Work with city parks and recreation teams
- Direct outdoor programs in public schools.
Our epic locale in the heart of the Rocky Mountains offers towering peaks, raging rivers, steep canyons and challenging descents to learn about and share. But that’s not all we offer.
At Colorado Mountain College, you’ll get the best of both worlds. The basics of a liberal arts education coupled with theoretical and hands-on outdoor leadership is a winning combination. Build a solid foundation for your future, whether you choose to get a job or pursue a higher degree.
We also offer a certificate in Outdoor Education. Depending on your goals and interests, the shorter certificate program might be right for you.
Download the Outdoor/Environmental Brochure (pdf)
All or part of this operation is conducted on Public Lands and Waters under special permits and agreements from the U.S. Forest Service, U.S. Bureau of Land Management, National Park Service, and Colorado Parks and Wildlife.