Learning Outcomes for Paralegal
The Paralegal program’s curriculum gives students the diverse skills needed for success in today’s ever-evolving field of law. Students will be prepared for employment in local law firms, courts, and other judiciary and criminal justice career fields.
- Provide fundamental and substantive education in the most common legal fields, such as contracts, torts, family, etc.
- Understanding of the legal system, both civil and criminal.
- Working knowledge of the United States Constitution and its Amendments
- Acquire knowledge of how to correctly comply with the Rules of Civil/Criminal Procedure.
- Knowledge of correct legal writing.
- Proficient comprehension of court opinions.
- Knowledge of legal research options and how to use them.
- Knowledge of the ethics required in the legal field.
- Proficient knowledge of techniques used for interviewing clients and potential witnesses.
- Proficient knowledge of techniques used for assisting the attorney both before and at trial.
Colorado Mountain College Paralegal is an accredited State of Colorado Career & Technical Education Program.