Get inside the Professional Photography Program of the Isaacson School for New Media at Colorado Mountain College. Multimedia piece created by students of the New Media Story Telling Class.
Hands-on Professional Photography Training
Build your photography portfolio before graduation with hands-on experience outdoors and indoors
If you’re interested in outdoor photography, Colorado Mountain College it the place to be. With access to one of the most-photographed mountain ranges in the world, the outdoor opportunities are endless.
Fill your portfolio with shots of:
- Mt. Sopris and the towering Elk Mountains
- Active mountain wildlife including deer, elk and bald eagles
- Glistening mountain rivers and streams
- Autumn slopes afire with golden Aspen trees
- Snow sports in Aspen and Vail, such as Winter X Games
Through assignments and field workshops, you will learn to solve visual and logistical problems while on location. Participants in outdoor photography field workshops travel to locations such as Yellowstone and Canyonlands National Parks, and the Albuquerque Balloon Festival.
Beyond the scenery, the Professional Photography Center at Spring Valley is one of the most comprehensive of any school in the Rocky Mountain Region.
Our state-of-the-art digital imaging equipment includes:
- Large format Epson printers
- Macintosh and PC computer labs
- Medium format digital back
- Local high-quality print sources
Let your indoor creativity flourish in our 1,200-square-foot studio. Photograph a wide variety of sets, from intricate objects and portraits to large designs. State-of-the-art studio equipment is available, including large light banks donated by The Chimera Company and portable lighting systems for location shoots.