Learning Outcomes for Ski Area Operations
The Ski Area Operation Program’s curriculum is designed to give students the diverse skills needed for employment and growth success in the mountain resort industry. The program also incorporates professional business practices, career options, ethics and a liberal arts foundation.
- Develop an understanding and appreciation of the importance of the history and development of the mountain resort industry.
- Acquire a well-rounded knowledge of safety issues and procedures associated with the ongoing operational tasks involved with running a mountain resort.
- Trained in a variety of technical skill areas associated with daily operations of a mountain resort.
- Demonstrate the requisite level of skill in math, English (both reading and writing), speech, and computers.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of American business functions.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the skills and abilities required to assume a leadership role in their career field.
- Earn certifications in Basic Life Support and outdoor pre-hospital emergency care.
- Ability to explain and demonstrate the methods used to mitigate and manage legal and liability issues affecting mountain resort operations.
- Ability to explain and demonstrate the methods used to mitigate and manage environmental effects of mountain resort operations.
- Successfully gain work experience related to their career field.
Colorado Mountain College Ski Area Operations is an accredited State of Colorado Career Technical Education program.