Learning Outcomes for Ski & Snowboard Business
The Ski and Snowboard Business Program’s curriculum is designed to give students the diverse skills needed for employment and growth success in the ski & snowboard industry. The program also incorporates professional business practices, career options, ethics and a liberal arts foundation.
- Analyze boot, ski, and board problems and identify and initiate solutions.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of tools and materials for Ski and Snowboard tuning.
- Organize retail store layouts.
- Use basic foot anatomy, physiology, and bio-mechanics to properly fit ski and snowboard boots.
- Explain material resource management and sourcing.
- Demonstrate employee management skills for wholesale and retail operations.
- Explain small business management procedures for independent ski corporate representation.
- Develop and demonstrate communication skills.
- Integrate the development of customer relationships into management plans.
- Apply knowledge of sales and marketing.
- Illustrate global marketing and production planning.
Colorado Mountain College Ski & Snowboard Business is an accredited State of Colorado Career Technical Education program.