Roger CoitAssistant Professor, Emergency Medical Services and Outdoor Studies
719-486-4259 | email@example.com
- B.S. Animal Biology (Zoology), Colorado State University
- NREMT – Paramedic, Swedish Medical Center/ Health One EMS
Professional Certifications and Associations
- Ambulance Service Management certificate, Fitch and Associates
- Colorado EMS Instructor / Primary / Administrator, Colorado Paramedic
- Former National Ski Patrol OEC Instructor (8yrs.) and Level II National Ski Patrol Cert.
- Wilderness EMT/Instructor
- Professional member, American Avalanche Association
- American Avalanche Association, PRO Programs Instructor
- American Institute of Avalanche Research and Education, Course Leader
- American Canoe Association Swift-water Rescue Instructor
- Incident Command System 100-400 and Multi-Agency Coordination
Since 2009, Roger Coit has been a faculty member of Colorado Mountain College in Leadville instructing EMS and Outdoor Studies courses. Prior to becoming a full-time faculty member, he taught as an adjunct instructor for the college since 1998, leading courses in avalanche safety, wilderness medicine, and urban EMS.
From 2003 – 2011, Roger worked as a paramedic and Deputy Director for Summit County EMS, and he now works as a part-time Paramedic in Chaffee County, Colorado. Roger has significant wilderness rescue experience and has been a lead instructor for Wilderness Medical Associates since 1995. He was the ski patrol assistant director and snow safety coordinator with Monarch Ski Area for ten years, from 1991 – 2001.
He also has many years as a river guide and river manager on the Arkansas River as well as guiding on many other rivers in Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, and West Virginia. In collaboration with local avalanche experts and respected agencies, Roger has been involved in the development of the Avalanche Science curriculum since its very beginnings.2015 Full-time Faculty of the Year
What Students Say:
“I loved being in Roger’s Wilderness First Responder class. He’s a nice person, very cool, funny and most importantly he is beyond qualified for the courses he teaches.” -Codi Williams