Professor, Outdoor Education and Outdoor Studies Program Manager
- M.S. Science Education, Montana State University
- Professional Residency in Environmental Education at Teton Science School
- B.A. Psychology, University of Vermont
Professional Certifications and Associations
- Leadville City Council Member since 2012
- Cloud City Conservation Center founding board member
- NOLS Instructor since 2000
- Association of Outdoor Education & Recreation (AORE) Access Committee Member
- AORE 2010 National Conference Host Committee Member
Cooper came to CMC in 2008 after serving students at High Mountain Institute from 2003 – 2008 as a science, math, and wilderness ethics teacher and expedition leader. He teaches outdoor orientation courses as well as recreation practices and other classes with an outdoor education focus at Colorado Mountain College Leadville. Cooper also taught science in Lenk, Switzerland (2001-2002) at Alpine Environmental Education Center for Hohliebi Educational Programs where he also served as the outdoor programmer.
In his free time, Cooper enjoys all things snow and bikes, community building/development, and adventuring with wife Carrie and kids Hattie and Hobbes.