- Resource & Environmental Geography, Texas State University – San Marcos
- OUT 104 – Trekking (both in the Himalaya and on Mt. Kilimanjaro!)
- OUT 116 – River Orientation
- OUT 137 – Whitewater Kayaking
- OUT 215 – Whitewater Leadership
- Adventure travel and exploration, mountain biking, skiing, whitewater, regenerative agriculture, social equity, photography and journalism, backcountry and international travel logistics
Thanks to encouragement from a local guiding company owner, I started working as a river guide and kayak instructor on the Upper Arkansas River in Buena Vista, Colorado when I was 18, the same place my dad guided back in the 1970’s. I have loved working in and sharing the outdoors with others ever since.
I have always had a deep love for exploring and connecting with international communities and cultures. This passion has put me in the middle of some incredible experiences including international adventure guiding and work as an educator and facilitator with the United Nations’ Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development programs in eastern Africa.
After joining the Colorado Mountain College Outdoor Studies team in 2011, I cannot think of a better way to help new and aspiring guides get excited and prepare for their own outdoor careers.