|Use "Search for Sections" link to view specific classes offered at CMC. Accessing class information through this link DOES NOT REQUIRE A USER NAME AND PASSWORD. However, you will not be able to register through this link. To register, use the "Register for Sections" link.
This capability is similar to looking at a printed bulletin but allows you to do more things. You can search for a specific type of class, e.g. Intro to Business, no matter where it is being offered or use other criteria such as "Course Title Keywords" if you can't recall the exact "Subject" or "Course Number."
You may fill out as many or as few search criteria as you need to narrow the search to the list of courses you are interested in. For example, if you are interested in finding out what sections are available for Chemistry 120 as well as what Physics courses are being offered at the 200 level, you would:
- Select the term for which you are interested using the Term drop-down menu (you must select a term or a date range).
- Select "Chemistry" using the Subject drop-down menu on the first selection line.
- Select "First Yr" using the Course Levels drop-down menu on the first selection line.
- Enter "120" for the Course Number on the first selection line.
- Select "Physics" using the Subject drop-down menu on the second selection line.
- Select "Second Yr" using the Course Levels drop-down menu on the second selection line.
- After selecting the "Submit" button, all available sections of Chemistry 120 and all 200 level Physics courses would be displayed for the selected term.
If you enter a word such as "Accounting" in the search field called "Course Title Keyword(s), the system displays all courses containing the word "Accounting."
The narrower the search, the faster the results will be retrieved.
If you knew the exact section number, you would enter that in addition to the subject and course number field, e.g. Course Number would be 120 LV01 for Chemistry 120 LV01.
You may use a selection from the drop-down menus by Locations and Academic Level to further refine your search or select the blank part of that drop-down menu to access all Locations/Academic Levels.
When using the instructor's name for your selection, only enter his/her last name.