Welcome to Sustainable CMC
Be a partner in helping create a sustainable setting for higher education
CMC is committed to sustainability. This means we intend to reduce the college’s Greenhouse Gas Emissions by 12.5% every 5 years until carbon neutrality is reached in the year 2050. For a detailed analysis of how we will achieve this goal please see our Climate Action Plan (pdf).
Here are just a few of the sustainability efforts initiated collegewide:
- Recycle newspaper, magazines, office paper, cardboard and commingled containers.
- Replaced incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent or LED bulbs.
- Replaced conventional thermostats with programmable.
- Conducted a professional energy audit.
- Recycle phone books, printer cartridges, cell phones, hazardous waste, building materials, plastic bags and batteries.
- Establish and maintain employee green team.
- Adopt and use green cleaning products and paper products made from recycled fibers.
- In addition, the Leadville and Rifle campuses generate 1/3 of their power from 100 KW solar farms.
- Check out our newest certificate, Sustainability Leadership.