First time users: get started with Canvas, your online class resource!
Your Canvas account is automatically activated and available when you enroll in a course or teach for CMC; instructors automatically receive a Canvas course for each course they are teaching. Students are automatically added to Canvas courses when they register. Other CMC employees who need to use Canvas and aren’t sure that they have an active Canvas account or need special assistance, please contact the IT Department’s Service Desk.
Use these links to obtain important information on using Canvas:
- Did you know Canvas is frequently updated? Learn about the latest changes to Canvas.
- Visit status.instructure.com to find breaking news on Canvas, including outages and technical issues bulletins. You can also follow @canvassupport on Twitter for news.
- Canvas Guides for instructors and for students – Consult the Canvas Guide first for all the answers to “how do I…?” type questions. Find detailed instructions, tutorials, videos, and more covering how to do just about everything in Canvas.
- Students – Answers to common student questions that are specific to CMC.
- Canvas instructors – How to log in for the first time and locate your CMC ID number. For more detailed information about Canvas and common questions, please consult the Office of Innovations blog. This blog also provides information with other technologies in use at CMC, such as Blackboard Collaborate, Respondus software products, Turnitin, SoftChalk, VoiceThread, and more.
- Office of Innovations website – Faculty and staff can file common Canvas requests online. Online forms available here include the request for a sandbox course, the request to add or remove someone from your Canvas course, the request that your multiple Canvas courses be consolidated or “cross-listed”, and more.
- Canvas Help Center– Talk to the Canvas Community, give feedback on Canvas, request support, or browse the Canvas Guides.