Advancing Students for a Stronger Tomorrow (ASSET)
Colorado’s ASSET bill allows U.S. citizens, permanent resident aliens, and students without lawful immigration status to qualify for in-state tuition rates if they meet certain conditions.
To qualify for Colorado ASSET in-state tuition a student must:
- Have attended a public or private high school in Colorado for at least three years immediately before graduation or completion of a general equivalency diploma (GED) in Colorado.
- Be admitted to a Colorado college or university within 12 months of graduation from a Colorado high school or completion of a Colorado GED.
- Students who graduated a Colorado High School or completed a Colorado GED before September 1, 2013, AND were not admitted to a Colorado college or university within 12 months of graduation from a Colorado High School or completing GED MUST submit proof of 18 months continuous physical presence in Colorado.
Students without lawful presence must ALSO complete an affidavit indicating that they have applied for legal presence or will apply as soon as eligible to do so.
Colorado Mountain College Procedure
A student who meets all eligibly criteria for in-state tuition under ASSET rules and has lived in the CMC District for at least 32 days may qualify for the “in-district” tuition rate.
All students must:
- Submit a CMC Admissions Application (pdf)
- Submit the CMC ASSET Application Form (pdf) and, if applicable, with the required documents listed below to your local CMC Campus.