This training covers the basics regarding Canvas and related resources so that CMC employees who are working as tutors, Assistants, and Student Assistants for Canvas courses are prepared to help faculty with Canvas courses.
This training will take place completely online in Canvas. It is self-paced so there are no class meetings. Since this is a self-paced training, participants may participate at any time of day or night, from any computer (PC or Mac) with an Internet connection and either Firefox, Safari, Chrome, or Internet Explorer. The Canvas course for this training contains instructions on how to complete this training and explains when the deadline for finishing this training is.
Objectives of this training:
- understanding how and when Canvas is updated by Colorado Mountain College and by Instructure
- awareness of the Canvas Guides, Canvas Community, Canvas Release Notes, Instructure’s tech support platforms
- knowledge of best practices for FERPA and IT security
- ability to navigate the Canvas interface successfully
- learn how to modify your own Notifications and profile in Canvas
- learn how to send, receive, sort and delete messages within Canvas using the Inbox
After you register for this training in WebAdvisor, you will gain access to this training’s Canvas course in about 1 day. Enter the Canvas course and follow the directions; you will also find the deadline for completing this training in the Canvas course. Estimated completion time: 1 hour. If you have any questions about this course, please contact the Office of Innovations at (970) 947-8408 or via email at email@example.com.
WebAdvisor registration information
Please register for this training via WebAdvisor using the following information: 17/SP TRN901 CS04 (SYN: 03748). Or ask us to register you! Use SYN number 03748.
Problems registering? Contact the IT Department’s Service Desk for help registering with WebAdvisor at 970-947-8438 or 866-642-0495.