Chile - Adventure Marketing & Management Program: Spring 2022
Spend your spring semester with CMC traveling to Patagonia for 11 days in the heart of the Andes Mountains. Your entire semester will focus on the adventure travel industry.
Learn how to plan, lead, and market sustainable international adventure trips. This semester is designed to create a skill set while putting those skills to work via a work experience/internship with practical application of course work. You will return with the valuable knowledge and experience employers seek.
Students will complete academic courses related to adventure trip management and marketing. Multiple adventures happen daily after classes including instruction, safety protocol, leadership, promotion, and customer satisfaction.
To help students understand what it truly takes to create a first class adventure experience for their clients, students will budget, execute, lead and create a promotional package of adventure experiences. These adventure experiences include:
- Two 3 to 5-day whitewater weekend expeditions
- One extended river expedition. (12-days January 3-14)
- 15 weeks in Chile, January 3 - April 15
- Housing and most meals provided
- Intern with Pucón Kayak Retreat
- Practice business management, outdoor trip planning, marketing, social media management, sustainability and more
- Travel throughout Chile’s Lake District and Patagonia
- COST: Program charge $13,900 + Tuition and airfare
- Students must participate in a the Fall 2021 REC 211, Outdoor Leadership Class prior to the Spring 2022 semester to build group dynamics and cover program logistics