Betty Damask-Bembenek, Ed.D.Interim Dean, School of Nursing, Health Sciences & Public Safety
970-947-8251 | email@example.com
- Doctoral of Education: Ed.D. in Organizational Leadership, Northcentral University, Prescott, Arizona
- Master of Nursing: Management, University of Phoenix, College of Nursing, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Marian College, Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin
- Associate of Science in Nursing, North Central Technical College, Wausau, Wisconsin
Dr. Betty Damask-Bembenek has over 35 years of nursing experience in a variety of nursing practice settings and 20 years of experience in nursing education at several universities and colleges in Colorado and Utah.
Dr Bembenek has been Director of Nursing Education at Colorado Mountain College since 2009, coming to CMC from Metro State College in Denver, where she was part of the faculty for the BSN program. Prior to moving to Colorado, Dr. Bembenek served as nurse administrator and faculty member at Weber State University and Division Chair of Health Sciences at Salt Lake Community College. She is currently licensed in the state of Colorado as a Registered Nurse, and her areas of clinical practice include nursing administration, education, emergency and trauma services, medical/surgical, obstetrics, critical care and rural nursing.
Dr. Bembenek has also been a program evaluator for the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) formally known as NLNAC for nursing programs at the national level. Her previous teaching responsibilities included childbearing families, medical surgical nursing, community health, ethics, leadership and management.
- Perceptions of Effective Models of Structural Empowerment as Perceived by Nursing Faculty Members and Administrators, Northcentral University, Prescott, AZ May, 2015 ProQuest Dissertation
- Nursing BSN at Community College: An Academic Progression Model Development and Implementation National Organization of Associate Degree Nursing (NOAN) Conference, Chicago, IL. October, 2016
- A Nursing Academic Progression Model: Design, Implementation, and Delivery Community College Bachelors Association National Conference, Chicago, IL. March, 2016 Simulation Evaluation: the Use of a QSEN Based Evaluation Rubric, 2012 Quality and Safety Education for Nursing (QSEN) National Forum, Tucson AZ, June, 2012
- Simulation Evaluation: A Comparison of Two Simulation Evaluation Tools, Elsevier/Mosby’s Faculty Development Institute, Las Vegas, NV, January, 2012
- Colorado Mountain College Team Award- Roaring Fork Campus 2011
- Chair Academy 2005 International Exemplary Leadership Award
- Colorado Council for Nurse Educators
- Program Evaluator-Accreditation Commission for Nursing Education (ACEN)
When Betty is not working at CMC she enjoys outdoor activities with her husband and three adult children, including skiing, hiking, biking, horseback riding and traveling.