Admissions and Enrollment Checklist
Step 1: Complete and submit the Colorado Mountain College (CMC) Admissions Application online.
- This application is free and only takes 15-20 minutes to complete.
- Colorado Mountain College has open enrollment, meaning if you apply you will be accepted!
Step 2: College Level Placement
Many of CMC classes require students be prepared for Reading, English, and Mathematics. CMC uses "multiple measures" to determine placement including, but not limited to, college transcripts, ACT/SAT scores, and Accuplacer scores.
The college/university you attended must send your official transcripts directly to CMC’s Registrar’s Office for evaluation.
- Send to:
Colorado Mountain College Registrar’s Office
802 Grand Ave
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
- Send electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the Registrar’s Office for more information at 970-947-8333 or check out this link:
ACT or SAT scores and Accuplacer Placement Test
Upload your ACT/SAT scores along with your CMC application.
- Scores must be within the last (5) years to be considered.
If you have not taken College Classes or the ACT/SAT, the Accuplacer is an option.
- The Accuplacer is a free test.
- The Accuplacer test is offered online. Testing appointments can be scheduled here:
- Apply for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) or Colorado Application for State Financial Aid (CAFSA).
- Apply for CMC internal scholarships- March 1
- Student Payment Plans
- Schedule an appointment with a Financial Aid Specialist either virtually or by phone.
Step 4: Contact Admissions Representative
- When you are ready to register, contact your Admissions Representative to update your status from applicant to student.
- This step must be completed before you can register. Check your email for the contact information of your Admissions Representative or call Breckenridge tel:1-970-453-6757 or Dillon Campus tel:1-970-468-5989.
Step 5: Academic Advising
- All students are recommended to meet with their Academic Advisor each semester.
- Any student new to CMC should schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor to go through the admissions process, review tools like Basecamp, Canvas, the Learning Materials Program, select a degree and register for classes.
- New Student Videos: Basecamp 101, Student Planning 101, and Canvas 101.
Step 6: Learning Material Program
- All students are automatically enrolled in the Learning Materials Program (LMP). LMP is CMC's textbook rental program. In one step, your textbooks are sent to your physical address.
- The cost is currently $25 per credit hour.
- Textbooks must be returned at the end of the semester.
Step 7: New Student Orientation
Student Services and Contacts
Financial Aid Specialists
Our Financial Aid Specialists are a great resource for any questions regarding Financial Aid, FAFSA, CAFSA, and scholarship information.
Do you qualify for VA Chapter Benefits? Or wish to receive the CMC military tuition discount? If you do, please contact our VA Coordinator for more information.
Colorado Mountain College offers many resources to help with classes. For any questions regarding Access, Inclusion, and Disability Office, accommodations, or testing please contact our Access Coordinator for help.
Mountain Scholars Program
New and current students may qualify for the Mountain Scholars Program. The Mountain Scholars Program offers additional financial support and more opportunities for student success, such as one-on-one mentoring, academic tutoring, degree and career counseling, financial navigation, college and transfer navigation. For more information about this program and how to qualify, please reach out to our Pathways Coordinator or check out the Mountain Scholars Page.
Colorado Mountain College has a Statewide Articulation agreement. It is easy to transfer to other Colorado State Colleges and Universities. For any questions regarding transferring, please contact our Pathways Coordinator.
For current students with questions about academic advising, career advice, transferring, or graduation please contact a College Counselor for more help.